Wednesday, January 23, 2008

News Snooze

I realize Martin Luther King Jr. Day was Monday, but it's never too late to poke fun of our shining political stars and the manner in which they observed the occasion.

Take, for example, former President Clinton's (and possibly our future First Man) response to a related sermon (I'm including the link in case the embed video below doesn't work).



Or this little girl's reaction to a pep talk by our current fearless leader.

I feel the same way, kid. I really do.





And as if that weren't enough, Huck Norris has put out a hit on John McCain. And by that I mean, if John McCain dies of natural causes, we'll know that the "natural cause" is a Chuck-style judo chop.





And what, pray tell, do you think Obama was referring to in Monday night's debates when asked about Bill Clinton's status as our first black president (so-called by author Tony Morrison). Here's the exchange between Obama and Hillary, as quoted on Dallas News:

When asked whether Bill Clinton was the nation's first black president, as some African-Americans contend, Mr. Obama said he would have to study the evidence.

"I would have to, you know, investigate more of Bill's dancing abilities and some other stuff before I accurately judge whether he was in fact a brother," Mr. Obama said.

Mrs. Clinton added: "Well, I'm sure that can be arranged."



"Other stuff," Barack? Methinks a "wink, wink, nudge, nudge" was in order.

And lastly, for those of you still searching for the one, true religion, your prayers have been answered.

4 comments:

M@ said...

I thought Kenyans had smaller wankers, Third Base. You can't have it both ways. So cute how you think you know about politics.

The best part of the Bill Clinton video was how he checked his watch at the end. I first gave him the benefit of the doubt as an old man who's survived quadruple bypass surgery but that was blatant disrespect.

I mean, we've all been there when an African American is giving a speech but that man deserves a bit more respect, I think--especially when t.v. cameras are rolling.

Supafly Turbo Cyborg said...

I've already found the one, true religion. I was converted a few days ago after seeing Mr. Cruise on a video about being an alien made up by a bad science fiction writer. Did I mention I enjoy placing bets on the moral bankruptcy of mankind. BTW, I think your Monty Python reference was strictly to retaliate against yourself about laughing at all of the hilarious lines in Superbad.

Anonymous said...

The one true religion? Don't you mean the Flying Spaghetti Monster?
~BPP

thirdworstpoetinthegalaxy said...

M@ - Honest-to-God think my cheeks turned red when I saw your comment. So patronizing!

STC - What film was that, pray tell?

BPP - Exactly!