Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Botanic Faux Toes

This action-packed weekend wasn't without the occasional bump... or broken nose. But rather than dwell on unpleasantries, let's talk about shiny, happy things.

Take Saturday's bike ride, for example. Washington & I went to the Botanic Garden (my bladder was much obliged to the woman who told us about a short cut!). The weather was perfect for the ride, and the bike path was lined with cottonwood.





We also passed the occasional marsh.





The garden itself was great (I'd never been).






















And our picnic lunch was highly nutritious!





Unfortunately, we only saw one-third of the park, 'cause we needed to meet people at 7... we did get to see (but not sow) some wild oats, at least...




...and we made time for a quick nap on a park bench.




When we returned to our bikes, they appeared to have gotten quite cozy together.


(My Trek, in fact, is currently filing a harassment suit against his Raleigh).

And our return trip, by some miracle, was without incident.


***I'm not certain, but I may have made up the word "unpleasantries."
***All photos were taken by me, with one exception: the black and white park bench is Washington's.

6 comments:

Mollie said...

These pics are terrific! I love the sparkling sun drops on the pond. I hope that you back up your files to prevent losing your great pictures!!!

Anonymous said...

Is it wrong to like the bench one the best?

thirdworstpoetinthegalaxy said...

Not at all, Winter. He was using an infared lens and got some pretty cool shots. Not to mention, he's done photography for a living (i.e. he's a seasoned pro; I'm an amateur) AND uses much better equipment. There's a reason that's the first pic of his I've posted... his are generally much better than mine.

thirdworstpoetinthegalaxy said...

[And, Mollie, thank you... I have everything saved two places, but mostly just because I'm a sentimental fool.]

Anonymous said...

Ah. Is there any happier scene then two young bikes in love? I guess this explains where kiddy bikes come from. I love the pics. And the rest of the gardens will be there when you get back.
~BPP

thirdworstpoetinthegalaxy said...

Very true. I just hope we get back there soon. A great bike ride (that can vary from 10-40 miles, depending on where you start), and a relaxing garden.

When two bicylces "get together," do they make tricycles? Or Big Wheels?