Friday, March 09, 2007

Haiku/Gesundheit (Volume XLVII)

in response to a co-worker who hinted i've lost my life-spark

a lifelong mantra
spills from lips like desert sand
don't worry i'm fine


to my mother, who called at 5:45 this morning

part a
i'm glad you called but
with my sis being pregnant
i thought you had news

part b
another birthday
forgotten leaves me laughing
(unlike the last time)
another grievance concerning daylight savings

you laughed then but you
can't say i didn't warn you
daylight savings sucks

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What?! Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

I doubt that is anything like when my family says "Finethankyou". (You would have to see and hear it to get the gist.)

Um... I am assuming your mother was there when you were born, right?

My company is scrambling with that. I figure I'll deal with it by hand. I like the early DLS. It means I get to bike in the afternoon. Yes, I am selfish that way.
~BPP

Anonymous said...

under the leaning
barn, the wind night and firesmoke -
we talked of both things.

fewer things later...

ds

thirdworstpoetinthegalaxy said...

BPP - I'm beginning to have my doubts. This is the third time she's forgotten. The first time, I wasn't even a teenager yet.

Talk about traumatized.

thirdworstpoetinthegalaxy said...

But my sister remembered, my co-workers and most of my friends. That helps.