Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Day 1 (Haiku/Gesundheit, Volume XXX)


it's actually pretty here, but...

flat flat hilly flat
cornfields, carcasses and trees
iowa rolls on




wish i could average half that on my daily commute

seventy-five speed
means you can do eighty-five
god bless nebraska

dueling ipods

rush, styx and hairbands
cause passenger seat tremors
plug mine back in please

adults need encouragement too

i drove a stick-shift
over four hundred miles
aren't you proud of me?

washington helps write a haiku
(800 miles into a 950 mile trip)

prairie unbroken
i sure hope we get there soon
that cow is pooping

washington's frustration results in a second haiku

trucks in the fast lane
make it difficult to pass
x-wing lasers, please


[post backdated according to actual date of travel]

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah. The joys of driving across the FLAT part of the country. I prefer to do it at night if I can. After all that flatness and open space, I imagine a mountain looks pretty good. :)
~BPP

Anonymous said...

You are back. Good because everything I've been reading of late sucks.

loofrin said...

Thank God for Ipods. Lovely things, lovely things, indeed.