Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Haiku/Gesundheit (Volume XXXV)

on developing ocd after a near-tragic accident

check the bathroom door
and all floors for stray hair bands
twice before leaving


elvis lives in my building

big tinted glasses
long black sideburns and suede shoes
surpisingly thin
on being redirected to one of those sites

ambiguous words
can confuse those search engines
type carefully please
i swear i'm losing depth perception

vision needs distance
not four by four pink fabric
my days grow blurry

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

had words in my head -
an earth changing poem. instead
spend days losing it.

the I in I is
a terrible dog, biting
flowers before bloom.

and keep soaking roots
stems leaves all that's pretty in
booze made of berries.

hope everything I've
heard is wrong - preserved in gin.
mammal with soft bones

like everything else,
hating itself (reasons) and
a gut full of pills.

ds

today is better than yesterday!

thirdworstpoetinthegalaxy said...

Now I'm ashamed. You should be writing and posting these things, man. Those were darn good -- the first two especially.

Anonymous said...

well, what can i say - i was at work and pissed off and killing a poem. later.

ds