Friday, September 01, 2006

Haiku/Gesundheit (Volume XXXIV)

on being mistaken for a store employee the umpteenth time

i don't work here but
my degree is in english
how may i help you?


cool painting, awesome headline

it's not often that
a lost scream is found again
i wax pathetic
thoughts concerning city life

part i - on driving

hummer cuts me off
jam speeds up to a snail's crawl
abandon all hope

part ii - on jogging

the skinny chick glares
bigger ones offer a wave
with a lone finger

part iii - in sum

i'm ready to leave
this city of cold shoulders
is your couch taken?
this is getting to be a little ridiculous

i'm glad you have that
cell for your emergencies...
but what about mine?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

there is an open couch in the city of stoplights.

ds

Anonymous said...

Some days I think degrees should come with warnings. Your should have said "Not necessarily good for making a living". Mine should have said "All the money isn't going to give you job satisfaciton."

Don't get me started on skinny excersizing chicks.

Hey! You want to come condo sit? I think the people here are a little nicer. Except in traffic. And then my plants would get watered!

Dear, _I_ am ALWAYS more important than _YOU_ no matter who the I and You are. Well, not always. I try to be nice and sane.

Anonymous said...

^ ~BPP (oops)

thirdworstpoetinthegalaxy said...

BPP - Oddly enough, in both instances I was the only one exercising. I'm still not sure what I did wrong, but there must be something about the way I present myself. I mean... two nights in a row? I dunno...

loofrin said...

the city of hog butchers gettin you down darlin?

oh, and we have a couch that is vacant.

Mollie said...

Hey- we have a couch, too, but better yet, a spare bedroom! It has most of the books in it; you'd be very comfortable. When can we expect you?

Mollie said...

Hey, we have a couch, too, or better yet, a spare room. It has most of the books in it; you will be very comfortable. When shall we expect you?

XOXO said...

I have a half eaten couch you could use. I also now have a spare room.