Wednesday, May 03, 2006

The Great Wok Challenge

If you were to develop a cookbook specifically about wok-based cuisines, what would you call it?

A few ideas:

  • Wok Like an Egyptian
  • Wokkin' After Midnight
  • Cookin' with Christopher Wokkin
  • Wokkin' in the Coal Mine
  • Third Wok from the Sun
  • It's a Hard Wok Life
  • Wok Right In
  • Wok This Way!
  • Hard Wok Cafe
  • Woks on, Woks off [Endorsed by Karate dojos worldwide!]
  • Wok-a-Bye Baby [Making Your Own Infant Formula at Home]
  • Wokkin' Around the Christmas Tree [Seasonal Delicacies]
  • Everybody, Let's Wok! [Includes recipe for friend peanut butter & banana sandwiches]
  • Jailhouse Wok [For the "Detained" Chef]
  • I Wok the Line [Every recipe requires a ring of fire]
  • WOK ON!
  • Wok 'n Roll [Various Baked Goods]
  • Wok Hard Abs [Cuisine for Body Builders]
  • Gimme Something to Wok About
I'll leave a link for this list on my blog's main page, and will continue to add to it as new ideas occur to me. Feel free to leave your own (should the wok spirit move you).

***Inspired in part by my sister and her boyfriend, with whom I first began this catalogue in conversation.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think this is a time for you to Just Wok Away. :-P
~BPP

Anonymous said...

Didn't you hear about the Iron Chef Dog Wokking Challenge? If I recall correctly the winner prepared Kung Pao Pekingese with Shar-Pei Cheddar Puffs and Shi Tzu on a Shingle.