Monday, July 07, 2008

Deja News

It's that time of the year again: when "no duh" headlines plague the front page of every major news organization.

I wrote about this last year, and have nothing new to add except that I really think this is non-news in that the consequences of the bull run are a given and so shouldn't warrant any media attention — and certainly not "above the fold" (if we can call it that in this fiber optic era).

And so long as I'm on a soapbox, I would like to add that perhaps it's equally useless to report on things blowing up in the Mideast, since that (also) is a constant.

You know what I want to see?

Raging bull given Xanax
Raging bull on steroids, sources say
Raging bull hits I-94, clearing lane of traffic
Pamplona "bull run" replaced by "bull skip"
Raging bull misunderstood, friends say
Car bomb ignites peace in Iraq
'Let's share Gaza,' say Palestinians, Israelis
Now that would be news.

1 comment:

XOXO said...

replacing bull run with bull skip? Mrs Cussen might be proud. Car bomb igniting peace? Wouldn't that be amazing?