Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Haiku/Gesundheit (Volume XXXVI)

on taking my second lunch break in three months

this is what i call
the quiet before the maelstrom
breath found and then lost


on seeing three cop cars arrive at wal-mart just before midnight

this is contrary
to everything he stands for
elmo says be nice
people around here have too much money

when i think 'rolls royce'
i don't think 'bumper stickers'
that looks tacky, man
nothing screams irony quite like a missed photo opportunity

i stand with george bush
(sign beneath an advert for
'annihilation')

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

RYN: March = spring = bike riding weather again. I figure by then I need to have a new job or get the hell out without one. I didn't email you because I figured you were way to busy! Next time, I promise. And I am sure there will be plenty of time int he next few weeks. Sadly.
~BPP

XOXO said...

Remember when we talked of what our lives would hold? I think I forgot, or got lost.